ThinkLite Driverless Technology
At ThinkLite, we are committed to long-term success and to the highest level of quality in our products. Over the past years, we have worked closely with industry leaders to develop, design, manufacture and patent a solution to the driver issue.
Combining expertise with our research partners in Germany and the developmental laboratories at Samsung Inc. in Seoul, Korea, ThinkLite has developed an LED driverless technology that replaces the 150 piece driver with a 4 piece microchip called the T1.
ThinkLite is the first and only company in the world that has been able to design and bring to market this technology of entirely eliminating the driver unit in a linear tube. The A1 chip does the same job the driver does of directing current while producing 90% LESS heat than a driver.
- Provide the highest efficacy in the market today (131 lumens/watt)
- Have a negligible depreciation of lumens (5% over life)
- Eliminate flickering of the LED lamp
- Increase lifespan to 65,000 hours (15,000 longer than other tubes)
- Give off enough light to create unique LED products such as the TL LED T5 tube made to replace a high output T5 HO fluorescent and the TL LED Dual
The T1 microchip is located on the end of the PCB board on which the LEDs are mounted, thus also freeing up the space the driver took up in the back of the tube. Since the need for a hollow back was eliminated it freed up the space for an efficient heat sink. With ThinkLite’s optimized heat dissipation system, the heat generated from the tube is dissipated 90% more efficiently than before. This helps enable a high lumen output in any type of environment and climate.